Monday, November 24, 2008
Vinze and Kole had a Dentist appointment to fill their cavities on Tuesday.
We started going to Awana Church Services on Wednesday with Vinze, Daxx, Kole and Brise. Brise hated it so he will be sitting upstairs with Brian and I while the kids attend class.
Thursday we had a regular school day.
1. Vinze and Brise completed chapter one in the Michigan Stories text book. They began writing the chapter questions in their notebooks and answering them.
2. I began reading the book of Matthew to them.
3. Brise and Vinze began using the Stein's Refresher Mathematics to build their math skills. I am excited about this book. I know, that's weird because I don't care for text books but this one begins with the History of counting and goes up from there. It is carefully calculated to start from the most basic...counting pebbles...to map reading...geometry...statistics and managing money! (sigh...God loves me. What a wonderful find.)
Today I read the history of counting and place values to the boys.
4. Brise and Vinze are forced to cooperate because they must use the same text book for the Michigan History and Math portions of our day. They started rocky and ended in harmony.
5. DANGEROUS BOOK FOR BOYS: Today Vinze and Brise chose the chapter about
"The 7 Wonders of the ANCIENT World."
They watched a docurmentary about the Seven Wonders also.
~ FUTURE PROJECTS FOR THIS CHAPTER ~
Brise wants to build a pyramid out of sugar cubes and write in hieroglyphics.
Vinze wants to make brick from mud and also make a replica head of the Colossus of Rhodes to hang in his room.
Friday, October 31, 2008
9:30 BRISE AND VINZE
AVKO SPELLING: 1 LESSON DAILY
After lesson Shelly make up a sentence using spelling words.
Read it to him to copy.
Fix mistakes immediately.
BRISAN: SPELLING WORKOUT WORKBOOK: 2 PAGES DAILY
VINZE: SPELLING WORKSHEET
11:00 MATH: 2 PAGES DAILY
BRISAN IN MATH BOOK
VINZE: MATH WORKSHEETS
11:30 WRITING STRANDS: ONE LESSON DAILY
12:30 CURSIVE WRITING: 1 PAGE FRONT AND BACK
1:30 LANGUAGE: 2 PAGES DAILY
BRISAN IN HIS LANGUAGE BOOK
PLACEMENT TEST OR BRAINPOP SCIENCE/HIST.GOEG
VINZE READING OR PLACEMENT TEST
Friday, April 25, 2008
Math, Language, History, Science pages in his 5th grade math workbooks.
Writing: Continuing with the cursive writing series. He's moving into
writing stories and putting thought on paper.
He's been playing World of Warcraft. He's learned strategy and
communication skills. He's typing better.
Handwriting pp. 97 -8
Write a letter to someone
Math: adding/subtraction worksheets (carrying and borrowing)
Began working with fractions and pre-division information (grouping)
Completed Knights of the Kitchen Table book and began The Not So Jolly Roger
Language worksheets: Pick the correct analogy, put the words on the correct
dictionary page, Draw lines of symmetry, Reading comprehension stories and questions,
Looked up words in the dictionary, write plural forms of words, Find verbs in the sentences,
Put words in alphabetical order
Arts: Vinze was given a brand new guitar. He began taking lessons and loves it. He's had
two classes so far.